Thanks to Shore Seeker Ginny DeVaughn for the following:
Miscellaneous Coin Information
1. Every U.S. coin has "Liberty" on it.
2. "E Pluribus Unum" on the penny means "from many comes one."
3. Thomas Jefferson, our third president, was the one who decided that pennies would be copper and that ten cent pieces would be silver.
4. Dimes have ridges on their sides so that will help blind people tell a dime from a penny.
5. On the dime, a branch from the oak tree is on one side of the Torch of Libery and a branch of the laurel tree on the other.
6. On the back of a quarter is the American Bald Eagle, our national bird until the making of the new state quarters.
We welcome any and all submissions from Shore Seeker members. If you come up with something you think is interesting, share it with us. For information on where to send your submissions, click here for contact info.